BEAUTY | Argan Oil - Whats the deal? - Lilla Loves

Wednesday, March 07, 2012

BEAUTY | Argan Oil - Whats the deal?

Argan oil, also known as Moroccan oil is an organic oil pressed from the seeds of fruit from Morrocco's Argan tree. Traditionally used as a cooking oil, in recent years it has been exported as a treatment for skin and hair problems such as acne, dry skin and damaged hair.

When I was doing #30daysnoheat, Argan oil seemed to be hailed as a magic cure for my damaged locks. Since completing the challenge and making a few changes (using a natural bristle brush, detergent free shampoo, heat protection spray, condition mask and using my straighteners less) my hair is in incredible condition. I don't have the problem, where my scalp would be dry, roots greasy and ends dry and frayed.
Taking all of this in to consideration, I thought it was about time I saw what all the fuss was about.

I tried two types of oil one for my hair and one for my skin (Argan oil is high in vitamin E, so I am hoping it will help improve the appearance of a scar i have on my forehead.).

The first one I tried was Rodin olio lusso Rodin by Recine Luxury Hair Oil. My main concern was that the oil would make my hair greasy so I applied a few drops to damp hair and then styled it. My hair was definitely softer and shinier. I also found that putting a few drops on to the ends of dry hair seems to bring it back to life! But be careful about how much you use, I rub it into my palms and then through my hair.

You can buy the Rodin by Recine Luxury Hair Oil on their website for $65.



For my skin I tested the Kahina-Giving Beauty's 100% Organic Kahina Argan Oil, which is described as being rich in Vitamin E and antioxidants. Again when using the oil on my skin I was worried about my skin appearing really greasy as a result, but the oil is absorbs very quickly and left my skin feeling smooth and soft. Not only did I notice my skin was more even than before, but I noticed that the spots that I sometimes get near my hairline have more or less vanished.

This product can also be used for your hair, but I found it was a tad heavy for my thin locks, my OH on the other hand found that it absorbed perfectly into his thicker mop.

This oil can be purchased from the above website and ranges in price from $36-$82 for 30ml-100ml or from Beauty Works West for £74.

The oil may seem expensive but it is well worth the investment and when you consider how little you will use each time the product will last for ages!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lilla Loves. All rights reserved.
Designer Blogger Template by pipdig