BEAUTY | Rimmel Fix & Perfect Pro Primer Review - Lilla Loves

Thursday, July 05, 2012

BEAUTY | Rimmel Fix & Perfect Pro Primer Review



A few weeks ago I bought a new Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation and got a free Rimmel Fix & Perfect Pro Primer. Ever since I reviewed the Nip + Fab Sheer Make Up Fix I love trying new primers, I have been using the Witch anti-blemish skin clearing primer, which I adore and will review in the next few days.

The Fix & Perfect Pro Primer claims to be a 5 in 1. It apparently:

  1. Smoothes 
  2. Resurfaces
  3. Brightens
  4. Mattifies
  5. Protects
When I first started using it I thought the smell was nice, the texture was a bit thinner than I'm used to in a primer, but it applied nicely, dried quickly and I noticed the smoothing effect immediately. I definitely mattified my complexion which I loved. 

I started using this primer on a daily bases with the foundation it came free with. Unfortunately I noticed that I was getting spots, stupidly I didn't link the two. It was only when I was in Bare Escentuals an they mentioned that non natural primers can cause spots that I put two and two together! 

I very rarely get spots and if I do they are generally in the same place. I was getting painful pimples along my jaw line and around my eyes. I have since reverted back to the Witch Primer and the spots have cleared up, probably with a little help from the anti-blemish properties of the primer.

Overall the Rimmel Fix and Perfect did a really great job, my make up did last and was mattified, I also noticed my skin was smoother. Unfortunately though it appears to have been causing my pimples.



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lilla Loves. All rights reserved.
Designer Blogger Template by pipdig