Fashion | 3 Ways to wear a summer dress - Lilla Loves

Monday, June 22, 2015

Fashion | 3 Ways to wear a summer dress


Firstly, sorry for the lack of posting recently - I will do a catch up post this week to let you know what's been going in - this includes, a bloggers worst nightmare, no internet for 12 days because of a last minute move!!!!

Anyway, on to this post! George at ASDA asked me to take up the challenge of styling one of their hero summer items 3 ways for a holiday. I've already mentioned the importance of taking diverse items away with you in my packing tips post.

As you can see above, I chose a summer dress. I was drawn to this dress because of the fun print, and lovely cut. I often find summer dresses to be a tricky one, they are often quite straight, which doesn't suit me, or inadequate in the chest area. This dress however, is a perfect shape from me and has plenty of fabric for me to not be over exposed! I originally ordered the 16 as I was worried about the bust, but had to downsize, score!
I decided to style the dress based on different holiday scenarios - so let's get to it!

1. Day time exploring

I teamed the dress with a basic denim jacket and these lovely nude sandals - they do have a small heel, but it's a block heel which makes them comfortable to wear all day. The straps are also thick, so there is no need to worry about recreating that 'Kim Kardashian swollen feet in sandals' situation.

I've been quite light with the make-up, using Complexion Rescue from bareMinerals which has a 30SPF which is essential for sunny holidays. To brighten it up I've added a pop of lipstick - I went with a bright coral shade called Hypermelon by Look.

2. Beach time

I'm actually wearing a bikini under this dress, like I would if I was going to the beach! I've gone quite as expected with this, Havaianas flip flops and a straw beach bag for my towel etc.

I decided to go hair up and out of my face for an even tan and to be practical.

3. Evening/dinner

To take this dress from day-to-night I have decided to play on the kitch-ness of the print - I've put my hair in loose victory rolls and added a vampy red lipstick and exaggerated cats-eye.

The trench (my new favourite item) is light weight and a timeless piece for any wardrobe. The pairing may seem odd, but I think it adds a maturity to the dress. To add a touch of luxury I've added my DKNY handbag, and am wearing  nude peep toes from Russel and Bromley.

What do you think of my three looks? Do you have a hero piece that you take on holiday with you?

Like what you see? You can follow me here:
twitter // bloglovin // facebook


Disclaimer: I was provided with the dress and sandals in order to be able to create this post.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lilla Loves. All rights reserved.
Designer Blogger Template by pipdig