Fashion | Casual Christmas Outfit - Lilla Loves

Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Fashion | Casual Christmas Outfit


This year, Christmas is back to normal. We’re all going to mums to spend Christmas Day as a family, my MIL will be coming along with my Nan and her cousin. This year we have another addition (no baby), our little Boston puppy Bruno, will be joining. Mum has already bought him a Christmas themed bed and a jumper to keep him warm and “…include him in the festivity…”. While the poor Sega (our cat) sits on the sofa all by herself at home! Although, I think she will appreciate time away from Bruno.

 We will all sit around drinking fizz, playing games, stuffing our faces and opening presents until the early evening, when the day turns into an open house. Friends and family are free to join and I already know that a few people are planning to come. As great as this is and trust me, after a day of being preached to by a certain family member, it is nice to have others to talk to.

However, it comes with its own dilemma. I like to be snuggly – the past few Christmas’s have been spent in comfy lounging clothes sans makeup. But now I need to look fairly decent when the guests come. So here is my casual but passable Christmas outfit.

I have chosen this lovely Esprit dungaree dress, this was a strategic move, as it means no stomach restrictions, no giving in to the inevitable trouser button un-doing allowing more nibbles. I’ve teamed it with this lovely Bardot style top, the neckline add a sense of elegance to it (as long as I remember not to slouch) and the sparkle details adds the Christmas magic, let me not forget the extra sparkle added by these tights. I haven’t decided on shoes yet – do I take day shoes and evening shoes, do I just give up and wear ugg boots? Or shall I take comfy warm socks and a pair of flats for later?
Mum, Joe and I like to pop out for dirty cigarettes throughout the day, they have a covered outdoors area with some heaters, but with this adorable hat (similar here) and this lovely pink boyfriend jacket I will no doubt stay toasty.

I’ve teamed the outfit with this lovely dusky pink watch to match the hat and jacket and a neutral toned bag, which will hopefully be big enough to carry my Christmas swag home.
I may bring a long a novelty Christmas jumper too, but only to wear during dinner so that I don’t spill food all down me – I’m a liability!


What are your Christmas plans – I’d love to hear them!


Like what you see? You can follow me here:
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lilla Loves. All rights reserved.
Designer Blogger Template by pipdig