Lifestyle | 2017 Living Room Switch It Up - Lilla Loves

Monday, January 30, 2017

Lifestyle | 2017 Living Room Switch It Up


2017 is a big year for us, as well as, my youngest sisters 18th Birthday WEEK (yes, week), my middle sister's wedding and Joe's 30th, we are moving house. We are going to be moving later on this year. It's our time to start a fresh and while I am a bit sad to be leaving our current home but excited about the new space and how we will decorate it. We will be doing a lot of redecorating and our current furniture just doesn't fit the space or our planned new decor.

At the moment we are thinking light grey walls and white floorboards, I know, such a blogger cliché! We want to try and keep it cosy, but not cluttered, which means storage is a must. Having a coffee table with deep drawers in it is so beneficial, they would be perfect for storing giant blankets, books or DVDs.

This sofa is the sort of style that I like, maybe not quite so boxy, I like the Chesterfield style back, teamed with this luxurious looking bottle green velvet cushion. This is a particularly odd choice for me, I was forever put off bottle green by my horrendous school uniform. However, greens and greys work so well together and can be swapped out for different shades for the summer months.

Another change will be accessories and fittings, I am usually quite anti-gold. I don't wear gold, I'm much more of a silver or rose gold person, but I am really drawn to this geometric style pendant light. I've also taken a step away from black, choosing the white version of these marble book ends, I love that you can order different heights within the set.

As an homage to my Iranian roots, I've chosen this map of Persia and Afghanistan, I think it will make a lovely focal point in the lounge, and add a touch of colour.

Have your tastes changed as you have got older? What are your current decor do's?

Like what you see? You can follow me here:
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lilla Loves. All rights reserved.
Designer Blogger Template by pipdig