Fashion | Chic beach style on a budget - Lilla Loves

Friday, August 04, 2017

Fashion | Chic beach style on a budget

Summer styling can be expensive, especially if you are lucky enough to have several holidays booked over the summer, or if the weather is amazingly warm – no need to worry about that happening in the UK anytime soon. 

I’m currently lounging in the sunshine on the terrace of the apartment we are staying at on the Costa Del Sol on my annual family holiday. I usually take my time packing and planning outfits, topping up my wardrobe to create the looks I want. This year I left packing right until the last minute, and ended up with a mismatch of clothes - I'm not really sure what I was thinking. 

I put my lack of planning down to a few things, I've been super busy with the move and my sister's wedding celebrations, last Saturday was hen party number 1, making Sunday completely redundant. I'm also not feeling great in myself, as I've put on a fair amount of weight in the year since my last holiday and am just really unhappy with myself. After months of thinking about what I wanted from life, I decided to take the bull by the horns and go freelance, allowing me to have more flexibility and create a lifestyle that suits me better. My new chapter will give me the time and motivation needed to go to the gym, plan healthy meals and focus on decorating the house.

I head to Dubrovnik in a little over a week, with my sister and her friends, all lovely girls, but all very glam and very beautiful and I really don't want to feel out of place when I'm with them. We're all back here in Spain a few weeks later for the big wedding. Needless to say, I have a few things to add to my wardrobe (and plan what I am packing). As I'll be losing weight I don't want to spend too much money on things I'm going to wear this summer, so I've been shopping sales using LoveTheSales which allows me to search multiple websites at once for whatever I desire.

This beach outfit costs just over £100, with items like the Beach bag (£20.25), Sunglasses (£8.00), Havaianas (£17.49) and Cover up all being items I could reuse in other outfits. The sequined straw hat is a big statement piece at the moment, which is something that I couldn't resist. I also opted for this lovely one-piece swimsuit, I have been wearing bikinis this holiday, but I think I will feel less self-conscious in a one piece. 

What are your beachwear must haves? Let me know and give me inspiration for the rest of my summer style!

Like what you see? You can follow me here:
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lilla Loves. All rights reserved.
Designer Blogger Template by pipdig