TRAVEL | Amsterdam City Break - What’s in my suitcase this Summer? - Lilla Loves

Sunday, July 06, 2014

TRAVEL | Amsterdam City Break - What’s in my suitcase this Summer?

Later on this month I am going to Amsterdam for a weekend with Hubs, so if anything this post is a bit premature. When I am excited about going away I end up planning what I am taking weeks in advance, this often means writing list after list.

Hubs has always said he would take me, but in the close to eight years we have been together he's ended up going twice with his friends. We are going on the Friday and coming back on the Monday morning, so I am only taking hand luggage with me. Obviously, I will take my day to day stuff and my make up bag, with some additional lippies and eye-shadow to glam up in the evening.

Our hotel doesn't have a pool, but I am packing a swimming costume as I am hopping to go to Sauna Deco- Spa on evening, although I would love to say that I am comfortable in my birthday suit, I think I'll enjoy myself a lot more in a bikini. Which let's be honest is a bit of a brave move for me anyway! This bikini* is from George's swimwear collection. I have to say that I was surprised at the size range as usually it is impossible for me to find a bikini top in my size on the high-street, let a lone a supermarket! What shocked me further was that it was actually very supportive and well fitting. I decided to go for a mix and match look with the navy blue and white stripe halter top and black bikini shorts.

Bikini c/o George at Asda
 We aren't in Amsterdam long, but I am hoping to attend a few museums, have a ride on a canal boat and also visit the Ice Bar as well as just take in the beauty of the city. I have planned three outfits, which can be interchanged to some degree so that I can have day and night outfits if need be.

My first outfit consists of my SimplyBe Duster Jacket - It's light enough to wear on a warm day or on a chilly evening. While the jacket isn't a mix and match item, I could always wear my jeans with either of the other tops, or swap my sandals for boots to dress up the look.
Duster Jacket - C/O Simply Be, T-shirt and sandals - H&M, Jeans - Milla Grace
 My second outfit is quite simple, but the statement sequin print trousers make it pop (although hubs thinks it looks like penguin print?!?!). I have teamed this with a simple dip hemmed top and my platform sandals. If I'm going to be walking around a lot, I will probably switch to my sandals for comfort and take along my denim jacket.
Dipped Hem Top - Primark, Sequin Print Trousers - C/O Simply Be, Shoes - C/O ShuSole, Necklace - Old
My final outfit is quite a relaxed look, I'd probably wear this out in the evening if we end up going to one of the live sex shows (I am really intrigued!), our out for some drinks.
Denim Jacket - eBay, Floral Sports Vest - River Island, Control Tights - M&S, Boots - Boohoo
 What are your key things to pack in your suitcase this summer?

Like what you see? You can follow me here:
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lilla Loves. All rights reserved.
Designer Blogger Template by pipdig