Lifestyle | Natural, homely room scheme - Lilla Loves

Monday, November 02, 2015

Lifestyle | Natural, homely room scheme

natural, rustic room scheme



The winter feel is creeping in, my inspiration for my latest dream interiors are earthy and neutral. I've previously mentioned my love for exposed brick and copper, both these lend themselves perfectly to this scheme.

Now, I'm not suggesting tearing away your plasterwork, especially this time of year when you need as much insulation as possible. Instead, I've been eyeing up this brick wall paper, which would work really well as a feature wall or in an alcove.

Continuing with the natural feel of the room, I decided to go for this Oak Console with Wine Rack. The colour is perfect, and the natural grain patterns play well into the scheme. Not only will it supply ample wine storage, perfect for winter mulled wine (too soon?), but you could get some rattan storage baskets for the available side space to store tablecloths or place mats and use the drawers for the 'Nice' cutlery!

As I am really not one for straight creams or beiges (I think beige explains its boring self), I've used turquoise as an accent colour, as this is the color oxidised copper goes. It still plays into the natural pallet, along with the gorgeous purple seen in the Amethyst and the Hyacinth. Amethyst is expensive, but if you are lucky you can find cheaper bits in flea markets, if you believe in the power of crystals, it is meant to be great at removing negative energy.

Texture is also something that I think really adds to a space. I love this fur rug, although I would have to buy faux fur, not only does it add texture, but warmth and luxury. To add further to the texture of the room, I have added these chunky knit blankets and ottoman/pouffe.

What do you think of my earthy room scheme? It's definitely a bit different from my usual tastes!


Like what you see? You can follow me here:
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lilla Loves. All rights reserved.
Designer Blogger Template by pipdig