FASHION | My A/W 12 Shop at Churchill Square - Lilla Loves

Monday, August 27, 2012

FASHION | My A/W 12 Shop at Churchill Square

I was really lucky to be invited to have a browse of all the Autumn/Winter ranges in the shops in Churchill Square by the lovely Bethanie Mardon.

I've been going to Churchill Square since it opened, but when I was larger I ruled out a lot of the shops because they didn't stock my size. Also because I dreaded shopping for clothes as it always lead to self loathing and disappointment.

I have to admit though that despite losing close three stone, I was still skeptical about most of them. It's been so long since I've gone on an proper girly shopping trip. Instead I'd only buy clothes as a necessity. Also as I'm in the process of loosing more weight, I've been putting off shopping, but now I'm in a ridiculous situation where I have hardly anything in my wardrobe.

We went looking for the key Autumn/Winter trend which are Grunge (checks, blacks, distressed jeans etc) and Glothic or Gothic Glam, think luxurious lace, velvet, dark reds and purples as well as studs.

Jumpers or sweatshirts are also set to be massive this season. Luckily, there is also loads of leopard print out there, I'm a sucker for leopard print.

We went to Warehouse, which has been off my radar for years! But they really do hace some great pieces.



I found this amazing studded bag and this studded clutch as well as this dogtooth jumper, which is what surprised me the most! Because of my body shape and bust, jumpers can be a big no no but I really loved the fit of it.

We also popped into Zara, where I have been eyeing up this beautiful studded leather jacket for a while.


The biggest shock of all for me though was our trip Urban Outfitters. This shop has always been a no go for me. I love the stock, don't get me wrong, but I had led myself to believe that it was only for young slim people and therefore had nothing for me. Oh how wrong I was!

I found this beautiful skater dress with cut out detail (which is hidden buy the denim jacket as I'm not quite toned enough to pull it off). They also have a great range of accessories, there are a few more pictures of other bits that caught my eye! 

Churchill Square really has some great shops in it, and now that I know that I am able to shop in 'normal' shops now I am definitely going to go on a shopping spree.


Love Lilla xx









SHARE:

2 comments

  1. the studded leather jacket is nice...i just got a studded pair of shoes from zara!

    [oomph.]

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love that studded jacket!

    you have such a lovely blog too!

    from helen at www.thelovecatsinc.com // @thelovecatsinc

    ps. enter into my brand new giveaway to win a MAC lipstick and 5 models own nail polishes! :)

    ReplyDelete

© Lilla Loves. All rights reserved.
Designer Blogger Template by pipdig