Fashion | Winter #styleYOUniform with George at ASDA - Lilla Loves

Thursday, December 03, 2015

Fashion | Winter #styleYOUniform with George at ASDA

I am a jeans girl, I have more jeans than days in the week and I guess I have fallen into a habit of convenience. I throw on a pair of jeans, a top and my trusty Superga trainers and I am out the door (after a hair and makeup).

Not only are jeans super comfortable, but they keep me in my comfort zone and I guess are the safe option. What this means is that I have a limited number of day dresses and skirts, more shockingly the only trousers I own that aren't jeans are basically leggings or jogging bottoms.

I was approached by George at ASDA and challenged to not wear Jeans for a week, instead wearing dresses and skirts, including pieces from their A/W dress collection. Armed with £55 to Spend at George, I purchased a lovely dark grey skater dress with lace details on the shoulder (Day 4), plain black leggings (most days) and a lovely brown chunky cardigan (not featured).

As you can see I only have 6 looks, unfortunately on day 7 I was admitted to hospital and have been putting comfort before style while I recover.

I have to say the challenge taught me a lot. Firstly, I need to get out of my comfort zone more regularly, wearing a skirt or a dress, makes me feel more dressy and as such I feel more confident. I noticed that I put more effort in to my hair, make up and accessories during the challenge. But because I had to put more thought into what I was wearing getting ready took a lot longer than usual.

Not wearing jeans also meant that I had to retire my trainers (what was I thinking on Day 6???) instead opting for various ankle boots, which again made me feel more confident and put together. It also meant that I shifted back into my darker colour palette, which I guess will change as I work on shifting to a more versatile wardrobe.

Most importantly I realised that I didn't look like a sausage or a giant cupcake in a skirt, which I think is part of the reason that I started to not wear them in the first place.

Have you got stuck in a style rut? Tell me what your go to item of clothing is!


Like what you see? You can follow me here:
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lilla Loves. All rights reserved.
Designer Blogger Template by pipdig