LIFESTYLE | My New Years Resolutions - Lilla Loves

Monday, January 07, 2013

LIFESTYLE | My New Years Resolutions

Source: brutalfashionbomb.tumblr.com via Lilla on Pinterest



I probably should have written this post before New Years Eve, but better late than never! So here are my resolutions!

Lose two stone for my wedding in September
Over the last two years I have lost three stone, which has made me really happy and feel like my old self again. I have more confidence and don't have as many breakdowns whenever I'm trying to get dressed. But I have another 2 stone to lose before I have a healthy BMI which is my goal for my wedding.

When Joe proposed to me in August, I sort of let the diet slip so need to get back on it with a new determination. I was in a really good routine of working out and eating more healthily so this is my aim!  A side from losing weight, I'm always happier when I'm healthy. Please leave a comment if you would like to be an internet diet buddy with me!

Get a promotion
I work in digital marketing, more specifically Social Media. I love my job and I love the company that I work for, but I really want to get promoted.

I hate feeling like I am stagnating and to quote a Less Than Jake Song Al's war -
"And sometimes I think, I'm the only one who feels like going nowhere's like giving up."

I'm quite an ambitious and determined person and since I left my life in retail and concentrated on what I want to achieve in life. I've accomplished a lot more than I ever thought I would, and this is a new goal for me.

Ideally I'd like to get promoted at my office, but I've set myself a deadline to start looking elsewhere if need be. Failing both of these I'd like to go freelance, but with the wedding coming up I don't think it's the right time yet.

Random acts of kindness

Source: google.com via Donna on Pinterest


My final New Years resolution is to give more to society and my local community. I'm a firm believer in Karma and treating people how you would like to be treated. I've been so blessed in my life and I think it's time for me to increase my giving back. I've always done things for charity and I always feel so happy to help people. I'd like to think that if I was in a compromising position someone would help me.

I'm not just talking about giving money, sometimes people need their faith in humanity restored. Whether it is giving 20p to the person infront of me in a queue because they are short for their shopping or giving someone my saver bus ticket so that they don't have to buy one, it's acts like these that can change someones day, and hopefully inspire them to do something for someone else in the future.

My inspiration for this is my mum, she has such a kind and generous heart. She was approached by a man in a dirty suit that asked for some money for food, he seemed genuine to her, and explained that he had been made redundant and couldn't find a new job. Her and her friends were going out to lunch so she told him to go sit down at the table and order whatever he liked and she would pay for him. Most people would take advantage of this and order loads, but he just ordered a pizza and a glass of water. The appreciation he showed for her compassion was amazing and the thought that her kindness could change his outlook on life, even if it was just for that one day makes me feel so proud of her.
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. Nice post to read!
    love it <3

    *Love, Raluca*
    http://blackeyedstyle.blogspot.com

    *New post*
    http://blackeyedstyle.blogspot.ro/2013/01/ootd-woman-in-black-microsoft-onenote.html

    *Facebook page*
    http://www.facebook.com/Blackeyedstyle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lilla this was a lovely blogpost!
    I like to 'give something back' and buying dog food to give to people on the street with dogs is one of my ways, as I am always a bit wary of giving them money in case it goes in a vein/on beer. I know thats sceptical but I love animals and wouldnt want one to go hungry...
    Also, about losing weight for the wedding, please don't make it your sole goal, or get distressed if you dont lose 2 stone. A lot of people I know managed to lose a fair bit of weight through stress-not-eating pre wedding, and you will look amazing on the day whatever weight you are! I was beating myself up about this in the months before my wedding, and then I went and got pregnant so it all went out the window and I ate ALL the time! Also if you want any wedding help then let me know xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lauren, that is so kind! When is baby due? It's not just for the wedding I hope that this time it'll be for life, so if i don't hit 2 stone I won't tear my hair out. It's been so long since i've felt at an acceptable weight that I might find that I'm happy at a size before I hit the 2 stone mark.
      I think the dog food idea is lovely, i agree about the drink/drugs thing. I like to give to the Cat Shelter when I do my shopping! xx

      Delete

© Lilla Loves. All rights reserved.
Designer Blogger Template by pipdig