FOOD | nākd. raw food bars Review - Lilla Loves

Monday, March 17, 2014

FOOD | nākd. raw food bars Review

selection of nākd bars c/o natural balance foods.
Part of my goals for 2014 is to be more healthy. Overall this is not a problem since I discovered the Hairy Dieters recipe books last year which helps me make healthy, lower calorie foods without feeling deprived.

I've also got back on the gym waggon with early morning work outs on the way back from dropping Hubs to work. This is followed by a protein shake to help my body recover from my workout and porridge to keep me full until lunch.

The problem comes mid afternoon at work when I all of a sudden decide I am starving, possibly to death, right in my office in the middle of Brighton - who ever said I was melodramatic? We have fruit in the office on Monday and Wednesday, while I do try to snack on these, they just never seem to fill the hole. This then leads me to gorge on really unhealthy things that can be found in any office, like biscuits, crisps, cakes - you get my gist.

I've tried cereal bars etc, but they aren't that tasty and don't fulfil my sugar needs despite their deceptively high sugar content! Then I found the perfect natural balance foods snacks - the nākd. raw food bar range.

The range is gluten, wheat and dairy free, so suitable for people with various dietary restrictions,they count as one of your five a day and are 100% natural.They are also raw - meaning the contents are not cooked, instead cold pressed.

The bars are mainly made from dates and a variety of nuts so are naturally sweet and have a lovely moist texture. They come in the following flavours:
  • Rhubarb and custard
  • Pecan Pie
  • Caffe Mocha
  • Berry Delight
  • Cocoa Orange
  • Cashew Cookie
  • Cocoa Delight
  • Cocoa Mint
  • Ginger Bread
After trialing each flavour (poor me!) my favourite bars are Ginger Bread and Cocoa Orange, which taste like Terrys Chocolate Orange. The mint tastes like After Eights too!

What is your favorite snack?


Like what you see? You can follow me here:
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lilla Loves. All rights reserved.
Designer Blogger Template by pipdig