FASHION | Simply Be Little Black Dress Challenge - Lilla Loves

Friday, August 22, 2014

FASHION | Simply Be Little Black Dress Challenge

Dress c/o SimpleBe* / Denim jacket eBay (old) / Tights M&S / Cut Out Boots BooHoo (old)/ Floral Headband Topshop (old)
I was contacted by Simply Be to take part in a little black dress styling challenge. Considering my wardrobe would have you believe that I am the queen of darkness, I figured this challenge was right up my alley!

I was sent this lovely Black Embellished Wraparound dress* (also available in coral and currently sitting in my basket!). The dress itself is quite plain, apart from the lovely embellishment on the shoulders, but this makes the dress very versatile. Also the wraparound styling is very flattering and the elasticated waist bit sits at my true waist, which is perfect. The dress does come with a stitch in the neckline, but I removed it as it made the look funny around my breast, so if you think the dress is too boobilicious bare this in mind.

Now, we all know the importance of having an LBD at our disposal, firstly because they are perfect for most occasions and secondly because the are usually great on. This dress is very versatile and I played with the idea of flip flops or sandals and sunglasses or teaming it with a leather jacket. However, as I am trying to move away from all black outfits and it's too cold for sandals, but not quite cold enough for leather I decided to go with my denim jacket.

I kept the accessories to a minimum, with a neckline as low as this I find it best not to wear a necklace as it would just draw too much attention to my cleavage. Instead I went with a floral headband and a 3 tier studded bracelet I have had since I was a 13 year old Goth. I like the contrast of the feminine floras and the more masculine studs.

How would you style this dress?


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lilla Loves. All rights reserved.
Designer Blogger Template by pipdig