TRAVEL | Packing Cabin luggage for City Breaks - Lilla Loves

Friday, July 25, 2014

TRAVEL | Packing Cabin luggage for City Breaks

Hubs and I are off to Amsterdam today for the weekend (I planned a few outfits for it here). I am just so excited, as I've always wanted to go. Obviously, due to the laws of Murphy, the weather is not going to be great in Amsterdam, still warm, but showers are predicted.

Anyway, as we are only going for the weekend we decided we don't really need to take a suit case. Instead we are taking two rolly cases that comply to the hand luggage size (50cm x 40cm x20cm). Obviously this leaves us with a few restrictions, the first being the liquid rule.

If you do take liquids in your hand luggage:
Containers must hold no more than 100ml
Containers should be in a single, transparent, resealable plastic bag, which holds no more than a litre and measures approximately 20cm x 20cm
You’re limited to 1 plastic bag per person ( I didn't know this bit!)

To pack all the essentials (mouthwash, hair oil, conditioner, moisturiser etc) I used the Go Travel bottle set*. It comes in a transparent zip lock bag, with 4 good quality 100ml bottles. They have three cap options - 1 spray top, 2 screw caps and 2 clip down caps. We also are using the Refillable Atomiser* to take Hubs' aftershave. Both of these products are cabin approved.


I am also taking this great Green People Summer Pack*, which comes with a Foaming Face wash, Moisturising Shower Gel, Intensive repair shampoo and their amazing sun lotion in SPF 15 and 25. All of these minis are 30ml. I was previously sent one of their suntan lotions (review to come soon ) and love the smell and quality of the their products.



Another City Break essential (for me at least) are Compeed Blister Relief Plasters*, Hubs and I like to do a lot of walking when we are exploring new cities. Hubs has a very active job, that requires him to walk 10+ miles a day, where as I sit behind a desk and can be prone to rubbing shoes.


I was also surprised (and delighted) to find out that I can pack a disposable razor and my tweezers! I didn't think I would be allowed and was dreading not being able to shave my armpits (I can't stand having hairy armpits!).

If you are unsure about what you can or can't take in your cabin luggage there is a great guide here. But always check with the airline that you are travelling with for their individual preference.

What are you essential travel items?

Like what you see? You can follow me here:
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lilla Loves. All rights reserved.
Designer Blogger Template by pipdig